Donate to AHLA
Given the increased importance of health law to the country, AHLA seeks funding in order to fulfill our educational mission by providing the highest quality non-partisan educational programs, products, and services concerning health law issues.
Your donation will directly enrich both the health law profession and health care industry, by increasing our ability to:
- Meet the needs of young professionals and those new to the practice of health law through the delivery of its annual Fundamentals of Health Law Program and release of its Fundamentals of Health Law publication;
- Fund summer internships for law students from underrepresented populations;
- Host non-partisan conveners that contribute to the public dialogue;
- Provide valuable resources to health law policymakers, other health care organizations, academia, health policy think tanks, the media, and the general public;
- Provide a resource for the public to resolve disputes effectively and efficiently though AHLA’s Dispute Resolution Service – a cost-effective, expedited alternative to litigation as a means of resolving disputes between the diverse participants in the health care community;
- Develop and deliver substantive written resources as well as online distance learning events on public health and health law topics;
- Hold informational sessions at law schools, connecting health law experts with law students and faculty;
- Bring together government policymakers, in-house counsel, compliance officers, health lawyers, and other legal professionals at in-person programs to share, collaborate, and learn from one another; and more.
How Do I Donate?
Visit our Online Giving Portal to give securely online and put your donation to use immediately.
Become a Monthly Donor
Giving monthly is an efficient and cost-effective way to support AHLA's educational mission. Your regular monthly support helps us to plan for the year ahead to make sure resources get in the hands of those who can benefit the most.
Select a monthly amount that's affordable for you and your family, and AHLA will automatically charge your credit card each month. Schedule your donation in the Online Giving Portal, or complete a printable donor form.
Credit Card or Personal Check Gifts by Mail or Fax
The simplest way to make a donation is to use our Online Giving Portal. However, if you prefer, you can make a credit card or personal check donation by completing the printable donor form and following the instructions on the form to mail or fax the form back to us.
Credit Card Gift by Phone
To make a credit card gift by phone, call the Membership Services Center at (202) 833-1100 prompt 2. Please have your credit card number, expiration date, security code and daytime telephone number ready.
Gift of Securities
Giving appreciated securities is an easy way to contribute to AHLA. The bounce back in the stock market means many long-term stocks are highly appreciated and worth much more than in previous years. Depending on your basis, profit from selling the stock could be heavily taxed. Instead of selling your stock and donating the proceeds, you may be able to make an even greater gift and reap the tax benefits by gifting a security to AHLA and avoiding paying a hefty capital gains tax. These gifts are generally tax-deductible at their full value on the transfer date, when owned for more than a year.
View our Stock Donation Instructions for next steps in gifting securities.
Consult your tax advisor before making a gift of securities versus cash.
You can designate AHLA as the beneficiary of your assets by will, trust, or beneficiary designation form. A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to family, friends or AHLA as part of your estate plan.
A retirement asset, such as an IRA account, makes an excellent bequest to AHLA. If the IRA were given to your family, much of the value may be lost through estate and income taxes. By designating AHLA as the beneficiary of all or part of your IRA (using a beneficiary designation form provided by your custodian), the full value of the gift is transferred tax-free at your death and your estate receives an estate tax charitable deduction which may be higher than the amount they would receive from receipt of the IRA.
Memorials and Tributes
A memorial gift is a meaningful way to celebrate the memory of someone important to you. A tribute gift is a meaningful way to recognize a friend or colleague who has made an impact on your life. Each tribute and memorial gift helps AHLA reach towards achieving our mission. Make your dedication by visiting www.americanhealthlaw.org/donate.
Learn More About AHLA
We Need Your Help
With your donation, we can ensure the health law talent pipeline remains full, increase our professional development offering, and expand our diversity and inclusion efforts within the profession.