Frequently Asked Questions - Website & Member Portal
When did the website change?
On March 17, 2020 the website and member portal were upgraded to better serve our members.
When I log in, the home page changes - did I do something wrong?
No. Because we know more about you once you log in, we are tailoring different sections of the website to you!
- Practice Groups - the area directly under the main menu will display your current Practice Groups for quick access to your Topical Libraries.
- Upcoming Events - directly under the Practice Groups will display any upcoming events you registered for so you have quick access to plan your travel, get to meeting materials, etc.
- News and Analysis - like the Events adn Education section, this too will pull content more tailored to your intersts.
- Events and Education - we will initially apply filters based on your Practice Groups and Content Preferences so you see the available events and education more aligned with your interests right on the home page, without having to search for it. You can always adjust the filters to broaden the search for that session or change your Content Preferences in your myAHLA portal to adjust them for all future sessions.
You will also see other areas of the website that display related content tailored to your interests or tailored to the content you are reading on the page. We want to make your web experience a more personal experience so you spend less time searching/navigating and more time digesting our rich and high-quality content.
How do I search the Health Law Archive?
We have folded the Health Law Archive into the new website so you do not have to log into the Archive separately or re-key your search terms into the Health Law Archive. Simply start a search at the top of any page of the website. When the results return, you will see a Health Law Archive tab - click on the tab to view the Health Law Archive results. As long as you are logged into the website and have access to the Archive through your membership tier or subscription, you can click through to any document within the Archive.
What if I can't find what I'm looking for?
We are here to help! Send us a note via our Contact Form and we will help you find the resources you are looking for.
What all can I do in the member portal?
The member portal is a robust self-service portal where you can accomplish most of the same things as calling into our offices. Areas of the portal include:
- My Account:
- My Profile - View and edit your contact profile, and provide demographic information about yourself. Use this page also to add, change, or remove your Parent company, so you can manage the company information in the My Company page.
- My Company - View and edit your parent company's profile, and provide additional demographic details about your parent company. From this page you can also view and edit other companies related to your parent company, and view and add contacts who are also associated with your company.
- My Membership - View your membership status, and all components of your membership, including your membership type, additional benefits, chapter affiliation, and subscriptions. Renew when your membership term nears its end or Rejoin if your membership has lapsed. Your Committee participation and Education credit history are also displayed here, as they are an important part of your membership activities.
- My Registrations - View a listing of your Meeting Registrations, including those that you have purchased on behalf of someone else, in addition to those where you will be attending the event. You can review the registration summary and Itinerary, and edit your badge, guests and sessions, or transfer an upcoming registration to someone else.
- My Invoices - View and pay the outstanding balance of your invoices, and view a listing of your past invoices. If you are authorized, you can pay the balance of your parent company's invoices as well. You can also pay periodic installments on your membership, if you have a membership with installments.
- My Downloads - If you have purchased downloadable content, come here to download your files.
- Communication Preferences - Manage communication preferences.
- My Donations - View Past Donations.
- My Continuing Education - View a listing of your continuing education credits here.
- Membership - Join or Renew your membership with AHLA.
- Events - view and register for our upcoming programs.
- Shop - veiw and download AHLA PDF's and ePrograms, as well as donate to AHLA.
How do I update my name, address, or contact information?
Go to the My Profile page to update all of your contact information. While you are there, be sure to fill out your demographic profile, so we can learn more about the diversity of our membership.
How can I obtain a copy of a receipt for my membership or purchase?
You should receive an automatic receipt when your purchase has been processed. You can also check the My Invoices page to view any receipts and print them directly.
Why do I need to create a website login account if I’m not a member?
If you have previously been a member, attended one of our programs or webinars, purchased a resource from AHLA, or subscribed to one of our topical Discussion Lists, you will already have a website login account created. Search by your email address or contact us. If this is your first time you have interacted with AHLA, you will need to create an account.