About the Program
This important program brings together legal counsel, compliance officers, and government representatives for an invaluable learning and networking opportunity. The planning committee is working hard to put together a program that will address emerging regulatory trends, recent case law and legislative developments, and how they will affect legal and compliance practices in health care.
What You'll Learn
- Gain a greater understanding of regulations (Physicians Self-Referral, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute) and enforcement efforts in these areas.
- Learn how emerging regulatory trends, recent case law, and legislative development will affect their health care clients and institutions.
- Hear from government representatives about their priorities to address fraud and abuse.
- Engage with peers and learn about risk areas and responding to investigations.
Who You'll Meet
- General Counsel and other In-House Counsel from Hospitals and Health Systems, AMCs, Health Plans, Physician Practices, Long Term and Post Acute Care Facilities
- Outside Counsel
- Compliance officers and those advising on compliance matters
- Privacy and security officers
- Consultants and business advisors, including FMV experts
- Regulatory affairs officers
- Government representatives from OIG, CMS, and other HHS agencies, DOJ, and state regulatory and enforcement agencies
Program Planning Committee
|John E. Kelly, Chair
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
Laura F. Laemmle-Weidenfeld
Yemi O. Adeyanju
|Tony R. Maida
McDermott Will & Emery LLP
New York, NY
|Felicia E. Heimer
Office of the Inspector General, US Department of Health and Human Services
|Leia C. Olsen
Compliance Officer - Acute Care Regulatory/Investigations & Incidents
2023 Fraud and Compliance Forum
2024 Fraud and Compliance Forum
2022 Fraud and Compliance Forum
2021 Fraud and Compliance Forum
2020 Fraud and Compliance Forum
2019 Fraud and Compliance Forum
Have a Question?
We're here to help! Click on a topic below to send us an email with your inquiry:
Program Accessibility and Special Needs
AHLA is committed to ensuring equitable access to our educational content. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and offering accessibility accommodations for our in-person programs.