Invest in the Future of Health Law
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
As the American workforce continues to grow more diverse, AHLA will continue to make diversity and inclusion a strategic priority by advancing and promoting inclusive participation within the profession and expanding the available talent pool with training and resources that help ensure public confidence in the health law profession. To meet these challenges, AHLA’s diversity and inclusion efforts must be treated as a systemic priority, supported by a new generation of tools and processes.
Your philanthropic support will enable us to provide resources and training to our leaders, staff and membership to help ensure that all levels of AHLA are representative of the diverse clientele that our members serve. Through this effort, the Association could offer:
- Unconscious bias training, that helps weave diversity and inclusion into the fabric, of the Association. This not only enhances our ability to recruit leaders, speakers, authors, and volunteers, but it also provides our leaders with the tools and resources to engage their own firms and organizations in this important work. Limiting unconscious bias in their day-to-day work and lifting this awareness to the entire profession.
- Funding for initiatives that support the active recruitment of new diverse members of our Association and our profession, such as:
- Supporting an AHLA Diversity Internship program for law students from underrepresented populations.
- Initiating a program for travel awards, or AHLA program fee discounts that would allow more diverse young professionals to attend annual meeting or other programs.
- Programming that provides all our members with the knowledge and skills to promote diversity by confronting and discussing larger societal policy issues such as health care disparities.
- Targeted mentoring opportunities that identifies future association leaders and helps develop them.