Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law
Authority and Impact
The Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law is a benefit of AHLA membership. The Journal provides in-depth legal analysis of timely health law issues that helps you advise your clients and organizations in the ever-changing world of health and life sciences law. The Journal’s editorial board are veteran members of the health law industry; they help identify topics that are critical to the health law profession and health care industry, and they provide professional peer review of all proposed articles.
The Journal is published three times per year (October, February, June). AHLA’s most current issue features the following articles:
- “To Shield Thee From Diseases of the World”: The Past, Present, and Possible Future of Immunization Policy by Thomas Wm. Mayo, Wendi Campbell Rogaliner, and Elicia Grilley Green
- Swipe Right for Daddy: Modern Marketing of Sperm and the Need for Honesty and Transparency in Advertising by Sheila W. Elston
- The Benefits and Burdens of Working With Patient Safety Organizations Under the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2005 by Paul E. Dwyer and Clint D. Watts
- What Every Health Lawyer Should Know About the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2005 by Marilyn Hanzal
- Beyond the False Claims Act: The Government’s Untraditional Tools in Health Care Fraud Prosecutions by A. Lee Bentley III and Jason P. Mehta
AHLA members can access past issues of the Journal back through October 2008 at www.healthlawyersjournal.com (click the books icon on the upper left-hand corner of your screen).
Call for Authors
AHLA encourages attorneys and others with expertise in the area of health and life sciences law to consider submitting a manuscript at any time throughout the year. If your office recently prepared a substantial legal memorandum, brief, or presentation on a timely health care legal topic, consider further developing your work into a submission. AHLA welcomes prospective authors to enlist colleagues as co-authors who will share the work.
Please contact Katherine Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editorial Board Members
- Susan Scheutzow, Editor-in-Chief, Southwest General Health Centr
- Pamela Del Negro, Member, Trinity Health Of New England
- Susan Kratz, Member, University of Minnesota
- Wendi Rogaliner, Member, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Douglas Hammer, Member, Intermountain Healthcare
- Lucy Hodder, Member, UNH School of Law/Institute for Health Policy and Practice
- Laura Laemmle-Weidenfeld, Member, Jones Day
- Travis Lloyd, Member, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Jordan Paradise, Member, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Michael Schaff, Member, Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer PA
- Paul Shaw, Member, Verrill Dana LLP
- Jennifer Tyler, Member, Kindred at Home
- Jessica Bailey-Wheaton, Member, Health Capital Consultants LLC
- Harvey Tettlebaum, Member, Husch Blackwell LLP