Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law
Authority and Impact
The Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law is a benefit of AHLA membership. The Journal provides in-depth legal analysis of timely health law issues that helps you advise your clients and organizations in the ever-changing world of health and life sciences law. The Journal’s editorial board are veteran members of the health law industry; they help identify topics that are critical to the health law profession and health care industry, and they provide professional peer review of all proposed articles.
The Journal is published triannually in October, February, and June. AHLA’s most current issue, June 2020, features the following articles:
- Preparing Health Care Providers for a COVID-19 Vaccine by Brian Dean Abramson
- Navigating Right to Try Requests: Institutional Considerations and Approaches by Hillary Noll Kalay, Kate Gallin Heffernan, Marylana Saadeh Helou, and Drew Douglas-Steele
- Hidden in Plain Sight: How COVID-19 Revealed the Need to Incorporate Wearable Devices Into Patient Care by Jane E. Blaney
- Lessons About the Parity Act from Wilderness Therapy Cases by Thomas J. Sullivan and Cathryn Johns
- Private Equity Investment in the Physician Practice: Has Its Time Finally Come or Will the Mistakes of the Past Be Repeated? by Patrick D. Souter and Andrew N. Meyercord
AHLA members can access past issues of the Journal back through October 2008.
Call for Authors
AHLA encourages attorneys and others with expertise in the area of health and life sciences law to consider submitting a manuscript at any time throughout the year. If your office recently prepared a substantial legal memorandum, brief, or presentation on a timely health care legal topic, consider further developing your work into a submission. AHLA welcomes prospective authors to enlist colleagues as co-authors who will share the work.
Please contact Katherine Miller at [email protected].
Editorial Board Members
- Susan Scheutzow, Editor-in-Chief, Southwest General Health Centr
- Pamela Del Negro, Member, Trinity Health Of New England
- Susan Kratz, Member, University of Minnesota
- Wendi Rogaliner, Member, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Douglas Hammer, Member, Intermountain Healthcare
- Lucy Hodder, Member, UNH School of Law/Institute for Health Policy and Practice
- Laura Laemmle-Weidenfeld, Member, Jones Day
- Travis Lloyd, Member, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Jordan Paradise, Member, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Michael Schaff, Member, Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer PA
- Paul Shaw, Member, Verrill Dana LLP
- Jennifer Tyler, Member, Kindred at Home
- Jessica Bailey-Wheaton, Member, Health Capital Consultants LLC
- Harvey Tettlebaum, Member, Husch Blackwell LLP