Membership Benefits and Pricing
Join the American Health Law Association
The American Health Law Association (AHLA) has supported the health law community for more than fifty years. The organization began for the same reasons that it still flourishes today: it is a diverse and inclusive community of health care lawyers and health law professionals who share a commitment to communicating about their craft, share best practices, and support one other in becoming effective counsel for their clients and organizations.
When you join AHLA, you’re joining a community of health law professionals who represent the entire spectrum of the health care industry, including hospitals and hospital systems, physicians, managed care organizations, insurers, long term care facilities, home health agencies, and other health care entities on business, corporate and regulatory matters.
Your entire health law practice group, in-house or compliance department, agency, or health law colleagues can join the AHLA community and take advantage of our many educational offerings and benefits.
With three levels of membership, you decide the resources and benefits you want to access. Each level ensures that you stay at the forefront of client service and choose from the benefits that best suit your needs and interests.
Member Benefits Details
Stay Up-to-Date on the Latest Health Law News
- Health Law Daily—digest of the most important health and legal news culled from thousands of sources and emailed daily to members.
- Health Law Weekly—sent each Friday, this eNewsletter contains articles and analysis covering top stories, important case law, and federal and state legislative and regulatory developments.
- AHLA’s Newsstand on State Health Law Issues—tailored weekly newsfeed on state health law developments, produced in collaborative between AHLA and Lexology, that provides access to topic-specific content developed by law firms across the country.
Delve Deeper into the Latest Health Law Research and Analysis
- Practice and Affinity Groups—substantive and special interest groups that enable members to contribute their expertise to the generation of educational content for their peers; to network with like-minded colleagues; and receive additional resources about legal developments and industry practices.
- The Behavioral Health Task Force monitors and evaluates the laws and developments impacting behavioral health, including the delivery of and reimbursement for such services. Members can access publications and educational programming to better equip them to advise their clients and organizations.
- The Enterprise Risk Management Task Force helps to advance the understanding and application of enterprise risk principles to the health care industry. Members can access publications and educational programming to better equip them to advise their clients and organizations.
- Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law—offers in-depth, professionally reviewed articles that are practical and relevant to your practice. Published digitally three times a year, members also can access a complete archive of past issues.
- Health Law Connections—monthly magazine devoted to health-related legislative and regulatory activities that includes feature articles, in-depth analysis, and member news.
Build Your Health Law Library and Resource Center
- AHLA Publications—print and electronic resources made available to members at significant discounts.
- Health Law Archive—a vast database of health law knowledge, searching more than 30,000 documents from AHLA
Share and Connect with Other Health Law Professionals
- AHLA Communities—Online listservs that enable members to connect with colleagues who have similar interests or work settings.
- Mentoring Program—connects members with specific skills, knowledge, or background (mentors) with individuals (mentees) who desire a trusted adviser, role model, or guide to help navigate their career journey.
Save Time and Money
- Special Discounts—access to benefits that members will find helpful in their day-to-day professional lives.
- Club Quarters Hotel - AHLA joins more than 100 law firms, universities, and nonprofits in being able to offer its members low fixed rates when booking at a Club Quarters Hotel. Club Quarters are full service hotels designed for business travelers and are located in prime city center locations.