Presidential Citations Eligibility Requirements
Presidential Citations recognize individuals who have demonstrated leadership and mentorship that impacted the Association’s success during the President’s term.
Awarded by Thomas N. Shorter, 2022-2023 President
These individuals are being recognized for playing an important role during President Shorter’s tenure. Whether it was offering guidance, mentorship, providing support, managing his calendar, keeping him on task, or being patient when he had to delay a wedding anniversary dinner, these individuals helped Tom accomplish his goals and serve AHLA in the best way possible.
Stacey Shorter: for her unwavering love, support and guidance.
Christine Borne: for her organization, loyalty, and ability to keep me headed in the right direction.
Carrie Noonan: for her loyalty, tenacity, and team spirit.
Ralph Topinka: for his friendship, career guidance, and mentoring.
Emily Morris: for her attention to detail, organization, and patience.
Examples of Criteria used when awarding Presidential Citations:
- Gives extraordinary mentorship, support, or assistance to the President during their tenure.
- Is an early career professional, new member, or emerging leader who is actively engaged in AHLA activities.
- Contributed substantive, quality thought leadership through writing or speaking for AHLA.
- Provides strong mentorship to other AHLA members.
- Contributes to a workgroup or team that helps to advance AHLA’s mission.
- Belongs to AHLA and a specialty bar association and leverages those affiliations to benefit both organizations and serve health law professionals who are underrepresented in the profession.
- A new AHLA member who provided exemplary service to the Association in their first year.
Nomination and Selection
The President of AHLA extends these awards at their own discretion.