Awards and Recognition
Presidential Citations Eligibility Requirements
Presidential Citations recognize individuals who have demonstrated leadership and mentorship that impacted the Association’s success during the President’s term.
Award Nomination Criteria:
- Gives extraordinary mentorship, support, or assistance to the President during their tenure
- Is an early career professional, new member, or emerging leader who is actively engaged in AHLA activities
- Contributed substantive, quality thought leadership through writing or speaking for AHLA
- Provides strong mentorship to other AHLA members
- Contributes to a workgroup or team that helps to advance AHLA’s mission
- Belongs to AHLA and a specialty bar association and leverages those affiliations to benefit both organizations and serve health law professionals who are underrepresented in the profession
- Recipient is a new AHLA member who provided exemplary service to the Association in their first year
- Serves underrepresented health law professionals
The President of AHLA extends these awards at their own discretion.