AHLA Publishes the First Edition of Health Care and the Business of Cannabis: Legal Questions and Answers
- March 02, 2021
The AHLA publishes Health Care and the Business of Cannabis: Legal Questions and Answers, First Edition. This book will help readers see through the legal haze surrounding the interplay between medical marijuana and the traditional health care industry, as well as business opportunities surrounding cannabis and its by-products.
Readers will have guidance for providing informed counsel and tackling tough questions whether they work with hospitals or long-term facilities, physicians or mid-level practitioners. Health Care and the Business of Cannabis covers a broad range of subject areas, so health law practitioners can protect their client’s interests and provide direction in both charted and uncharted terrain.
“Health Care and the Business of Cannabis: Legal Questions and Answers covers the issues a health law practitioner needs to understand regarding cannabis law, from banking and investment considerations to cannabis use in hospitals,” comments Rob Anderson, AHLA’s Senior Director of Publishing. “AHLA is proud to be publishing this book in such a formative field of law.”
Health Care and the Business of Cannabis: Legal Questions and Answers, First Edition is available to order through AHLA’s store on the LexisNexis website for both members of AHLA and the broader health law professionals community. For a high-resolution image of the book cover, author headshot, or interview inquiries, please contact AHLA.
Editors and Authors:
Lisa Gora, Jennifer M. Nelson Carney, Michael F. Schaff, Editors
Marc J. Adesso, Luis M. Alcalde, Blair Barnhart-Hinkle, Brittany Bonetti, Richard Y. Chang, Melissa A. Dardani, Patrick (Pat) Harrity, Tracy Carlson Ivers, Alexander G. Malyshev, Wayne Margulies, R. Gregory Parker, Eric D. Reiser, Joseph M. Shapiro, Neil M. Willner, Authors
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Cannabis
2. Cannabis Issues in the Post-Acute Care Industry
3. Cannabis Use in Hospitals
4. Physician Considerations for Participating in State Medical Cannabis Programs
5. Cannabis Business Licensing
6. Risk and Insurance Considerations for Cannabis Businesses
7. Tax Considerations
8. Cannabis and Real Estate
9. Intellectual Property Considerations for Cannabis Businesses
10. Banking and Investment Considerations for Cannabis Businesses
11. Cannabis Mergers and Acquisitions: The Importance of State Regulatory Compliance and Other Steps of Preparation
12. Raising Capital: Securities and the Capital Markets
13. Bankruptcy Considerations for Cannabis Debtors and Creditors