AHLA's New Learning Management Software Coming Soon
- July 16, 2020
AHLA wants to keep pace with your educational needs, including offering additional educational opportunities on-line, providing learning that fits into your busy schedule, and creating learning paths that meet your unique goals. To accomplish this, AHLA is migrating from its current webinar platform to a full-featured learning management software (LMS) in early August.
This new Education Center will be robust, flexible, and offer the following benefits over our current webinar platform:
- More Interactive Learning Experiences - we will incorporate the best authoring tools available in the industry that will allow our presenters to add interactions within the presentation to make for a more interactive educational experience.
- Integrated & Adaptive Learning Experiences - this platform will eventually host more than just webinars and will allow AHLA to develop learning experiences from across all our educational offerings, easily accessible in one location—part of AHLA’s continued progression towards a unified educational/learning platform. Plus, we will be able to create a personalized learning experience by recommending courses based on your history in the LMS, past purchases, interests, and more.
- An Intuitive Interface - this LMS was designed with you in mind, and the responsive design ensures the best and most engaging learning experience, regardless of the device used (desktop, tablet, or phone) or its features (screen size, platform, and orientation).
- Room to Grow - most importantly, this new LMS will be a flexible system, able to support AHLA’s current education programs and your future educational needs, including additional flexibility with our on-demand offerings.
During this migration, we understand how important access is to your previous education and reporting for your continuing education, so we have taken the following steps:
- The webinar platform at distancelearning.americanhealthlaw.org will be shut down on July 31, 2020 at 5 PM EDT, with the new LMS platform at educate.americanhealthlaw.org launching tentatively on August 6, 2020.
- All on-demand products and webinar recordings from January 1–July 31, 2020, will be available on the new platform; 2019 products will be available via the Health Law Archive for those who have active subscriptions. If you do not have an active subscription to the Health Law Archive and need access to an old webinar recording or on-demand product, please contact our Education Team.
- Your current AHLA login credentials will be the same credentials used to login to the new platform.
- We highly encourage you to download any old webinar CLE certificates from the current platform before July 31, 2020. After the webinar platform is shut down on July 31, certificates for past webinars will be available by contacting our CLE Team. Requests received after the webinar platform is shut down will be processed manually and in the order they are received. Any certificates received from the new LMS platform will be available in the new LMS platform.
We are excited about this new LMS and the enhanced educational offerings we plan to develop over the coming months and years. If you have any questions about the migration, please contact our Education Team.