Cynthia Wisner Receives the 2020 David J. Greenburg Service Award, AHLA’s Highest Recognition
- June 25, 2021
Following a long and difficult year for all, health law professionals from across the United States came together for a virtual celebration on Friday, June 25, 2021, and awarded Cynthia (Cindy) Wisner the 2020 David J. Greenburg Service Award. Due to the pandemic, AHLA was unable to award the 2020 recipient till this year.
Ms. Wisner is in-house counsel at Trinity Health and has shown great loyalty to the Association throughout her career, and has made significant contributions to the growth and life of AHLA. Highlights of Ms. Wisner’s service include but are not limited to:
- Served on the Board of Directors from 2004-2010
- Served as Chair of the Association’s Membership and Practice Group Committees
- Served as a member of the Executive, Finance, Membership, Practice Group, and Programs Committees
- Served on the Fellows Coordinating Committee and the Web Task Force
- Served as Chair of the In-House Counsel Practice Group and as a planning committee member of the In-House Counsel Program, Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute
- Facilitated the expansion of AHLA’s student health law alliances, its mentor program, and its overall membership numbers
- Served as Editor-in-Chief of the Journal from 2015-2017
- Has spoken and authored extensively for AHLA over the years
“Cindy’s contributions to AHLA have come in so many forms,” comments Robert R. Niccolini, 2019-2020 President of the American Health Law Association, “From her service on the board, to chairing so many different committees, practice groups, and programs, Cindy’s footprint on AHLA has been pronounced.”
For a listing of past winners, please visit the David J. Greenburg Service Award Winners page of the AHLA website.
About the David J. Greenburg Award
David J. Greenburg was the founder of both the Academy of American Healthcare Attorneys and the National Health Lawyers Association, the organizations that came together to form AHLA. David was interested in creating a specialty of health law, and he worked tirelessly to create a collegial community of professionals helping each other and the public, a tradition that AHLA continues today.