Call for Speakers
Submit a Proposal
We are currently accepting proposals for following program:
2021 Health Care Antitrust: Meeting the Challenge
Program Date: May 19, 2021
Proposals Due: February 12, 2021
2021 In-House Counsel Program
Program Date: June 2021
Proposals Due: March 1, 2021
In addition to in-person and virtual programs, AHLA delivers health law content in a variety of other ways. Proposals that are not selected will be reviewed by AHLA’s Distance Learning and Publishing teams and considered for other educational products.
Commitment to Diversity+Inclusion
- AHLA and the program planning committees value and seek diverse and inclusive participation within the Association and share a commitment to having speakers represent a broad cross-section of gender, race, ethnicity, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, and disability. Please consider how you can structure your proposal in order to contribute to the diversity of the program.
- Different perspectives matter. Great topics often include speakers from different backgrounds – private attorneys, in-house counsel, government, consumers, providers, senior and junior – pairing up to present different views on the submitted topic.
- One session cannot have two speakers from the same firm/organization.
The Selection Process
- Suggest a very advanced or masters level topic. Most sessions submitted hit the “intermediate” level of audience knowledge. We’d like to include some very advanced topics submitted by qualified speakers
- Each of our in-person programs has a Board appointed planning committee. The individuals on the planning committee are highly qualified experts in the area of focus for the program.
- AHLA posts a Call for Speakers for each program. The due date for proposals is based on when the program will be held and is generally 6-9 months prior to the program. (Example: A program held in the fall will have a due date of early spring that same year)
- The planning for each program begins approximately 4-6 weeks following the due date of the proposals. AHLA staff enters and compiles the proposals for the planning committee during this time. It is important to submit a proposal prior to the due date to ensure your proposal is included in the materials that the planning committee reviews.
- AHLA’s in-person programs are the hallmark of the Association. The planning committees strive to plan high quality, practical programs that will meet the educational needs of our members. Depending on the number of proposals we receive, the topic and faculty selection process can take up to 3 months. Faculty who are selected will be contacted by a member of the planning committee. Those who are not selected will hear from AHLA when the program is finalized. This could be up to 4 months from the proposal due date. Your patience during the planning process is very much appreciated.
- Preparing for a session presentation takes time and effort. To support our presenters through this process, we provide some helpful resources and guidance in our In-Person Education Faculty Toolkit.
If selected as a speaker, the information you provide will be used in the program brochure. Please be sure the spelling is correct and all relevant titles, information about degrees, and credentials are included.
All individuals chosen to speak will receive a complimentary registration to the program. Additionally, speakers traveling from out of town will be reimbursed for the following:
- Hotel stay (the number of nights covered depends on the length of program)
- Incidentals (the allowance is based on the length of the program)
- Travel for those who are in-house counsel, compliance officers, academicians, or government representatives. We do not cover travel for those in private practice or consulting firms
For questions, please contact Laurie Garvey. To ensure your proposal is submitted properly, please follow the instructions above.
As the premier provider of continuing education for the health law profession, AHLA is uniquely positioned to provide you with the CLE, CPE, and CCB credits you need through our events, training, and educational offering.
Live Tweet for AHLA
Volunteer to tweet during an upcoming AHLA in-person program, distance learning event, or reception.