Breaking Down the Fundamentals of CMS’ Updates to Appendix PP of the State Operations Manual
This Briefing is brought to you by AHLA’s Post-Acute and Long Term Services Practice Group.
- November 22, 2022
- Howard L. Sollins , Baker Donelson
- Stefanie J. Doyle , Baker Donelson
- Craig Creighton Conley , Baker Donelson
- Diane Festino Schmitt , Baker Donelson
- Quinn Nemeyer Carlson , Baker Donelson
- Sandra L. Adams , Baker Donelson
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released a revised CMS State Operations Manual (SOM) Appendix PP on June 29, 2022 that became effective on October 24, 2022. The updates are aimed at enhancing nursing home quality and oversight, and clarifying CMS’ expectations of facilities. Surveyors will use this revised guidance to identify noncompliance with the Requirements of Participation. This briefing touches on the most consequential changes in the revised guidance.
You must be logged in to access this content.