Coronavirus Pandemic Hub
This Hub page includes information to help our members and the public stay up to date on new developments on the coronavirus pandemic, with a specific focus on resources developed by AHLA for the health law community. It contains recent selected materials. AHLA members who have subscriber access to The Health Law Archive can search for older and more extensive materials here.
- Update from the Office of the Inspector General - Plenary session at AHLA's Fraud and Compliance Forum featuring remarks by Christi Grimm, Principal Deputy Inspector General, HHS OIG (October 1, 2020).
- Flash Analysis Video Series - Includes full video listing by topical area. A Public Service Announcement (PSA) series on the health law disruptions of COVID-19, produced by AHLA, in partnership with dBase Media.
- Current Best Practices and Remaining Challenges in the Workplace – A portion of the panel from the CLEAN2020 Summit, Stage 4, hosted by the International Association of Bioscience & Environmental Criteria (IBEC), featuring remarks by AHLA’s Chief Executive Officer, David S. Cade (October 28, 2020).
State Law & International Information
- COVID-19 Legislative & Regulatory Updates – From LexisNexis State Net, an interactive map, with a link to full text reports for each measure.
- Resource for Organizations Conducting Research in the Developing World Amid COVID-19 Pandemic - AHLA thanks Bass, Berry and Sims for providing this resource.
- COVID-19 Executive Orders: Essential Services, Shelter In Place/Essential Business Master Chart, Reopening Guidelines, and Shelter In Place Extension/Expiration Master Chart - Last updated May 27, 2020. AHLA thanks Waller for providing these resources. If you need additional information, please contact Nicole Watson at [email protected] or Kim Looney at [email protected].
Links to Public Resources
- COVID-19 Crisis Standards of Care: Frequently-asked Questions for Counsel - From the Association of American Medical Colleges.
- Assessing Legal Responses to COVID-19 - Public Health Law Watch report on U.S. policy response.
- Advanced Medical Technology Association - Joint Re-entry Guidance for Health Care Facilities and Medical Device Representatives, issued by AdvaMed, AORN, and AHA.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Situation summary and global map of outbreak.
- Hospital Legal Preparedness: Relevant Resources - List of resources to help hospitals identify and address legal issues in their emergency preparedness, response, and recovery efforts.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services - One-stop shop for all CMS guidance and waivers, including state waivers.
- The Council of State Governments - COVID-19 resources for state leaders.
- Food and Drug Administration - Fast facts on the virus, FDA’s role, and medical countermeasures status.
- Johns Hopkins University - Resources designed to raise awareness of prevention and preparedness efforts.
- The Joint Commission - COVID-19 resource page with tools and resources to support health care professionals.
- World Health Organization - Information and guidance from WHO regarding the current outbreak.
AHLA Preparedness Checklists
- Responding to COVID-19—8 Steps for Hospitals to Protect Patients, Employees, and Communities
- What Hospitals Need to Do to Prepare for a Coronavirus Outbreak: Overview and Checklist