Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Health Care Hub
This Hub page includes information to help our members and the public stay informed on this very important issue, with a goal of providing in-depth analysis that furthers conversations necessary to facilitate change. It contains recent selected materials. AHLA members who have subscriber access to The Health Law Archive can search for older and more extensive materials here.
For public resources, access the CDC's Website on Racism and Health.
Special Edition of AHLA's Journal of Health and Life Sciences Law
Emerging Issues in Health Equity in the United States: Legal, Legislative, and Policy Perspectives
This special edition of AHLA's Journal of Health and Life Sciences Law seeks to advance public discourse on emerging issues in health equity for the benefit of AHLA members, the public, academia, and decision makers in both the legislative and executive branches of government.
Equity in Health Care and Health Law Practice
- Health Equity in Action (AHLA Fundamentals of Health Law 2022)
- Innovative Legal Strategies for Health Systems and Partners to Improve Community Health Outcomes (Health Law Week 2022)
- Walking the Walk – Creating, Implementing, and Adapting DE&I Programs in the Corporate and Law Firm Setting (AHLA Women's Forum 2022)
- Conversations with Health Law Leaders (May 25, 2021)
- Convener on Racial Disparities in Health Care (April 12, 2021)
Special Book Excerpt
Disparities in Health Care: The Pandemic’s Lessons for Health Lawyers
From the 2021 edition of Health Law Watch, this chapter analyzes the following key developments that the authors predict will affect equitable access to health care in the United States.
AHLA On-Demand Webinars
Call for Topics
AHLA is issuing a call for volunteers to propose topics on the law as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion in health care, for program sessions, webinars, articles, podcasts, and more. Submit a topic and help lead the conversation.