CLE: The maximum number of credits available is 10.0 (including 1.0 legal ethics) for a 60-minute state and 12.0 (including 1.2 legal ethics) for a 50-minute state. Please note that the actual number of credits may vary from state to state.
CPE: AHLA is a registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. AHLA is seeking CPE credits for live and on demand. The maximum number of credits available is 12.0.
CCB: AHLA is seeking an approval from the Compliance Certification Board for CCB Continuing Education Units. We are approved for 12.0.
AHLA applies for Continuing Education Credits for this program and all of our programs. Participants will be able to receive credits for sessions they attend.
How to receive credit for attendance:
- Each participant will receive a bar code on their program badge.
- As you enter and exit each session you attend, you must have the bar code on your badge scanned by the attendant at each entrance of the session rooms.
- The total number of minutes will be calculated, and a certificate will be available to download in your My AHLA account one week following the in-person event.
For those watching the Live Stream:
- Log into your myAHLA accounts and make sure you license information is up to date.
- For the Live Stream sessions, keep track of the Attendance Verification Code for each session you are requesting credits for. The codes will be randomly shown during each session in the powerpoint slides. Participants will need to write the code to fill in on the request form. Indicate each session attended and the number of minutes attended. If the full session was attended, please put in the maximum number of minutes available (number only). You will receive credit based on the actual amount of time in each session. If you do not indicate the amount of time, you will not receive credit.
This program is designed to be an update on developments in the area of health law referenced in the program title. Those seeking accounting credits should be familiar with the basic concepts of law and terminology associated with this area in order to obtain the full educational benefit of this program. Introductory remarks, breaks, and receptions are not included in the computation of credit hours. The sessions, unless otherwise designated, are intermediate to advanced in level. There are no prerequisites required to register for this program.
For more information on our general policy, please visit our Continuing Education page of our main website.
Have a Question?
We're here to help! Click on a topic below to send us an email with your inquiry:
Program Accessibility and Special Needs
AHLA is committed to ensuring equitable access to our educational content. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and offering accessibility accommodations for our in-person programs.
Thank You to Our Tax Issues for Health Care Organizations Sponsors
If your organization is interested in sponsoring AHLA's Tax Issues for Health Care Organizations program, please contact Valerie Eshleman.