Elizabeth Carder-Thompson Receives the 2021 David J. Greenburg Service Award, AHLA’s Highest Recognition
- June 25, 2021
Following a long and difficult year for all, health law professionals from across the United States came together for a virtual celebration on Friday, June 25, 2021, and awarded Elizabeth Carder-Thompson the 2021 David J. Greenburg Service Award.
Ms. Carder-Thompson is a partner at Reed Smith, LLP where she is a member of the Life Sciences Health Industry team, has shown great loyalty to the Association throughout her career, and has made significant contributions to the growth and life of AHLA. Highlights of Ms. Carder-Thompson’s service include but are not limited to:
- Served as President of the Association (2009-2010) and helped the Association recruit Life Sciences lawyers and respond quickly and authoritatively to breaking health law events, such as the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Served on the Board of Directors from 2001-2011
- Served as Chair of the Executive, Finance, Nominating, Programs, Membership Committees, the Past Presidents Council, the Reserves Task Force, and the Life Sciences Task Force
- Served as a member of the Fellows Coordinating, Finance, Nominating, Practice Groups, and Programs Committees, as well as the Diversity Council
- Chaired the Fraud and Compliance Forum and the Life Sciences Law Institute
- Co-Presented the Year in Review for seven years (2012-2018)
- Co-Chaired the Women’s Leadership Institute for two years (2015 and 2016)
- Has spoken and authored extensively for AHLA over the years
"Elizabeth's steadfast commitment to AHLA has made our association stronger and smarter," comments S. Craig Holden, President of the American Health Law Association, and a Shareholder at Baker Donelson, "Through her past presidency, program chairmanships, and educational contributions, Elizabeth has been fundamental in AHLA's growth."
For a listing of past winners, please visit the David J. Greenburg Service Award Winners page of the AHLA website.
About the David J. Greenburg Award
David J. Greenburg was the founder of both the Academy of American Healthcare Attorneys and the National Health Lawyers Association, the organizations that came together to form AHLA. David was interested in creating a specialty of health law, and he worked tirelessly to create a collegial community of professionals helping each other and the public, a tradition that AHLA continues today.