A History of Excellence
AHLA has been supporting the health law community for more than fifty years. The organization began for the same reasons that it still flourishes today: it is a collegial and inclusive community of health law professionals and leaders who wanted to communicate about their craft and support one another in becoming effective counsel for their clients and organizations.
Throughout 2017, the organization celebrated its 50th Anniversary, highlighting key moments in our history of excellence. Thanks to AHLA Fellows, who had a desire to find a way to capture the memories of those from our past, AHLA undertook several projects and produced a number of resources:
- Milestones In AHLA and Health Law Interactive Timeline - a special historical timeline that contains health law milestones and highlights the progression of key developments in the profession and health law field.
- Milestones In AHLA and Health Law Interviews - a repository of interviews of Past Presidents and Fellows, with both an audio file and the written transcript of each illuminating discussion.
- Past Presidents Memory Book - a collection of photographs and quotes from AHLA leaders written by the Past Presidents
- AHLA’s 50th Anniversary Documentary – a YouTube video entitled A History of Excellence (closed captioned)
- Special Anniversary Issue of AHLA's Journal of Health & Sciences Law - a collection of articles from preeminent experts looking back on 50 years of American health law to prepare future generations of readers for what comes next
- Golden Quotes from Past Presidents - a collection of quotes from past leaders on AHLA's role in shaping the landscape of health law
AHLA ’s fifty years of leading health law to excellence could not have been accomplished without the efforts of numerous and dedicated volunteers. Special thanks to Fellows Joel Hamme and Robert Leibenluft.
Learn More About AHLA
We Need Your Help
With your donation, we can ensure the health law talent pipeline remains full, increase our professional development offering, and expand our diversity and inclusion efforts within the profession.