Nominating Committee Selection Process
Structure and Recruitment Process
The President serves as this Committee’s Chair. This body also consists of the last two past Presidents, the President-Elect, and the President-Elect Designate. An at-large member from AHLA’s Board of Directors and an at-large member from the general membership serve one-year, non-renewable terms. While serving in an at-large position, the members agree to be disqualified from any nomination while serving on the Nominating Committee.
Due to high level of interest in serving in a leadership position, a member is appointed to only one position at a time. Terms are often staggered for those serving to prevent everyone rotating off at the same time; as a result, there may be more or less openings available in any given year.
Governance Nomination and Appointment Processes
- Board of Directors
- Development and Advancement Council
- Dispute Resolution Review Board
- Dispute Resolution Service Council
- Fellows Program
- Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law Editorial Board
- Nominating Committee
- Practice Group
- President-Elect Designate
- Program Planning Committee
- Women's Leadership Council and Early Career Professionals Council